© Ricki Horowitz/SLF
How to Join Us
Whether you like to be in a group or prefer an individual approach, there are many ways to support the Grandmothers to Grandmothers Campaign. The Campaign goals are to:
- Raise funds to meet the needs of African grandmothers and the children in their care;
- Listen to African grandmothers, respect their expertise and amplify their voices, in order to promote authentic and substantive responses to the pandemic in Africa;
- Build solidarity among African and Canadian grandmothers, and grandmothers abroad, in order to motivate and sustain the vital work of turning the tide of AIDS in Africa.
Following are some ways to support these goals.
On your own
Any contribution will help support African grandmothers. Following are some suggestions.
- Donate directly to the Stephen Lewis Foundation.
- Donate Aeroplan miles to the Stephen Lewis Foundation.
- Attend a fundraising event – Check our Event Calendar for what’s happening in your area.
- Buy products made by a grandmothers group – Check out our Marketplace for information about what we sell and how it can be purchased.
- Invite one of our speakers to address a group to which you belong or to speak to an organization in your community, such as a local school. For more information, please contact us at email@example.com.
- Join us on social media – Like us on Facebook, visit us on Twitter, see us on Flickr
- Sign up for our newsletter (always with an option to unsubscribe).
Join or start a group
Grandmothers groups are at the heart of the Grandmothers Campaign and each one varies in size and scope. They provide a forum for grandmothers and ‘grandothers’ (friends, partners and grandmothers-in-waiting) to carry out the Campaign goals. Here are some ways to get involved.
JOIN AN EXISTING GROUP
- Find one of the Grandmothers Groups in your area, then contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Find a meeting to attend under Events or Group Meetings.
- Contact us.
START A NEW GROUP
We can help you hold an inaugural meeting in your community. For information, please contact us at email@example.com.
If you prefer, you may contact the Stephen Lewis Foundation’s Grandmothers to Grandmothers Campaign at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-888-203-9990, extension 230.