Reflecting on the new year…
Recovered from the hustle and bustle of the holidays? Take a look at who we are and connect with us in our work for the Grandmothers to Grandmothers Campaign. The Campaign was launched in 2006 by the Stephen Lewis Foundation in response to the crisis grandmothers in Africa faced, struggling to raise millions of grandchildren orphaned by AIDS. (Above photo: SLF)
Greater Van Gogos started the same year. Grandmothers throughout the region rallied to fundraise, raise awareness and stand in solidarity with their African sisters.
Get involved now in support of African grandmothers!
- Read our story.
- Check our News page and Event Calendar often – Groups are planning spring events and we post there as events come up.
- Get news quickly – Subscribe on the Home page to our weekly email (sent only when we have new items on the News page).
- Find a grandmothers group in your area and attend a meeting.
- Like a grandmothers group on Facebook (FB) to stay current on their events – For links to FB pages, visit “Find a Group” page.
- Like Greater Van Gogos on FB where we post groups’ events.
- Donate to the Grandmothers Campaign.
Greater Van Gogos brochure – PDF file
To remain current on our activities between news posts, check our Event Calendar and our GVG Facebook page. Visit our Marketplace to browse through beautifully handcrafted items and other products for sale by our groups.